Create, sensitize, and mobilize, an awareness for better understanding and engaging towards self-reliance in water
To develop access to the most essential resource, water – we must begin with creating awareness and sensitizing and mobilizing people towards it. For a community to be self-reliant in water, ICCW initiates and supports decisive actions enhancing education, training, employment and social responsibility. The outreach programs are strategized to contribute to the development of water-related services and research, especially in demographics where water scarcity, water contamination, and water accessibility plague development.
ICCW’s actions contribute to the achievements of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Outreach acts as an effective and inclusive facilitator among various stakeholders in the water sector – through the website, open resource centre, social media, and public meetings.
The aim is towards organizational transformation for clean water.
ICCW’s Specific outreach actions include:
- Create awareness by diverse means (books, workshops, seminars, media)
- Educate the young
- Incorporate water resource management and value of clean drinking water in the curriculum for students at all levels
- Conduct campaigns and community engagements
- Develop manuals and policies for water conservation, harvesting, etc.
- Create capacity building by means of training, employment and workshops
- Establish knowledge sharing towards problem-solving
- Make content creation for science communication
- Visualize data related to water, based on analytics for better understanding
- Assist governmental agencies and policymakers in technology evaluation, certification and policy-making
- Develop partnership for outreach activities
ICCW will build a step-by-step plan for developing and delivering these actions.
If you are interested in partnering with us for any such activities, we will be pleased to hear from you.